Burning Down

Oct, 2020


I am not really focused on the glitter raining from the fluorescent lights 

because every layer of my skin is on fire

My vocabulary has corroded to that of a 3rd grader

 but I understand your elegant words and
they make me miss who I used to be

When I was 5 I rode the elephant in the Ringling Brother’s Circus and 

fell

In

Love


I know you are a fucking liar about everything in life 

because you once talked about keeping water in your car

in case your 66 VW bug overheated

It makes me anxious
waiting for the world to see what a fucking liar I am

Jesus was a cool guy
but his father is an abusive ass

13 years is a rather large age difference but he has the most beautiful ass.


When I was 16 I sunk into a deep, depression-fueled, self-harm binge 

When I learned how emotionally intelligent elephants are

Because that made the abuse they suffer 

so

much 

bigger


Lucifer was a cool, and misunderstood, guy

But his father is an abusive ass


I used to be really good at metaphors, but now I suck
Like a person who sucks at metaphors


Encaustic is one of the coolest forms of visual art

You paint with hot wax and take a torch between each layer

It is a greek word, which means “to burn in”
The fire is necessary