What the F@%K is Myalgic Encephalomyelitis....

If you have known me any length of time, you know I have weird little medical problems...
I, too, thought that I was a hypochondriac.
You're right, I should not feel a burning cold in my joints when the temperature goes below 65, or above 75. That IS ridiculous.
I don't know why I'm so lazy. It pisses me off, too.
My memory issues, losing my words, I just need to concentrate more... They have got to be from concussions right?
Being exhausted all the time but not being able to sleep, must be depression or diet-related...
Your frustration with me is totally justifiable. I'm frustrated with me, too.

It took me 15 years to get a referral to a dermatologist for what I believed was psoriasis...
I think it might be arthritic because my joints hurt...
And also, by the way, doc, I get dizzy walking to the mailbox...
And sometimes my muscles, just decide not to work...

Most doctors told me it was nothing to worry about,
Or I just needed rest.
Or they initially believed me and would actually run tests.
A lot of tests.
Which were inconclusive...
So it must be in my head.
Go home.
Get some rest.
Here is some generic cream for your rash.
Now quit eating gluten.

I tried fasts, cleanses, the power of positive thinking, cutting out all gluten, dairy, sugar, got a food sensitivity test, got rid of all the chemicals in my laundry and cleaning supplies...

Last year, I FINALLY got a GP who actually BELIEVED...
that I needed to see a dermatologist for my rash.
I was so happy, I was ugly crying in her office.
That rash was the one fucking thing I was clinging to,
the one thing that was visual proof that something was not right.

 The dermatologist said my skin issues had nothing to do with my diet.
But my other issues concerned her.
She was able to get me to a rheumatologist.
(I have a fabulous dermatologist, who is my medical advocate.
Who was also able to clear my psoriasis...)

The rheumatologist, very nonchalantly, mentions my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (M.E.) in passing...

Hold the fucking phone, Doc...

No one has EVER mentioned any kind of syndrome to me before.
Chronic Fatigue isn't a real thing!?
 It just means I need to stress less, meditate more, right?
Nope.
Real thing.
Turns out, except for the rash, every single weird body quirk that I have been dealing with,
all these issues that are all in my head,
are, in fact,
not in my head.
They are on the symptom list.
Every.
Single.
One.

INCLUDING depression.
And my weird sensitivity to warm and cold.
That constant, loud ringing in my ears.
And the light being too loud, is not an acid flashback.

 All this shit
That has been messing with my head most of my life...
was not in my head.
(I'm repeating that for the people in the back)

I am over 40 fucking years old and have been dealing with this shit off and on since I was 15.
No one took it seriously. Maybe because they didn't know what to do.
Hell, even I thought most of my issues were psychological by this point...

There is no treatment.
No cure.
It's just something some people have.

So knowing doesn't change much.

Except that now I know I'm not crazy.
Which is a HUGE thing.
HUGE.
That huge little thing... it changes everything.