Call From The Goddess

In 2008, I was asked to portray the Goddess in a ritual. I was asked specifically to write something to address the men of the group from the Goddess. After much meditation and reflection, This is what she gave me to take to them. After I read it, the man who was hosting and leading the ritual came up to me and told me how upset and disappointed he was in me.
Apparently, he had assumed I would write something admonishing men for being horrible, something to shame them.
 My Goddess is loving, nurturing, and proud of all her children...
Your God may get off on shaming people, but mine doesn't.....


You are a part of me
Father, child, husband, brother, friend

I created you in perfect love
To be my provider, my hunter, my protector

You are a piece of me that I cannot be complete without
I worship the God in each and every one of you

This is how your Goddess sees you
This is how your Goddess created you

Far too many of you have been blind
To your true self

You do not hear my gentle voice whispering
on the wind and in the streams

So now I call to you
in the words of your mortal realm

I am calling you out to live up to your true potential
To be the man you were meant to be

Every moment I give you the power to change your life
To live your truth

Let the stereotypes and contradictions of self
Fall away

You can no longer be a boy
Claiming the innocent ignorance

The world needs you
To be strong for the meek

Needs you to be gentle with the hearts of women, children, and each other 
Show kindness and love

Needs you to respect each other
You are all great warriors in your own way

Needs you to honor the Goddess energy
That flows through everything including you

So stand up straight
Feel your power
Be a Man
Be a God